About our physiotherapy clinic
Our therapists are trained in the use of laser, spinal decompression for lower and mid back and neck pain relief and exercise therapy using latest techniques and equipment.
We will design a treatment plan specific to your issues and work with you to reach your goals, whether they are work, life or sport related.
Physiotherapy is a complete rehabilitation process that includes education, exercise and manual therapy.
Traction therapy: BC-ICE offers spinal decompression therapy, which involves stretching the spine in order to relieve back and leg pain. Traction can be used to treat herniated discs, sciatica and other back conditions.
Manual therapy: BC-ICE provides one-on-one manual therapy for pain relief and the restoration of function, including:
- Myofascial release techniques
- Muscle energy techniques
- Active release techniques
- Vertebral and peripheral joint manipulations
- Taping techniques – K-taping, rigid taping and functional taping
Laser therapy: Laser therapy is used to reduce pain, improve circulation and minimize scar formation.
Multi-channel electrotherapy: Electrotherapy, also called TENS, stimulates muscles to train them to contract and improves circulation to help get you back to your day-to-day activities.
Therapeutic ultrasound: Our new, state-of-the-art ultrasound unit is used to aid in pain and spasm relief, reduce scar tissue and improve circulation.
- Huge, well-lit and airy exercise area with cardio and strength training equipment
- Pleasant atmosphere with windows and natural light
- Comfortable and spacious treatment units
- Traction table for spinal decompression therapy
- Supportive staff
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy provides a customized one-on-one approach to help you overcome pain, regain function and recover from illness or accident, including motor vehicle accidents. You will receive a thorough assessment based on your specific injuries.
Physiotherapy also includes a prevention component. We will identify movement patterns that may be increasing your pain or risk of re-injury. We will empower you with the knowledge you need to stay healthy and mobile post-injury and manage pain.
How can physiotherapy help you?
- Treatment of back or neck pain
- Treatment of joint pain
- Treatment of motor vehicle accident injuries, such as whiplash
- Treatment of work-related injuries such as repetitive strain, falls or accidents
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- Increased strength
- Rehabilitation for a return to work or daily activities
- Provides tools and techniques to self-manage pain
- Relaxation techniques
- Long-term results
What does physiotherapy involve?
- Initial assessment of injury
- Manual treatment
- Personalized exercise program
- Graduated plan for recovery